As many of you know, I LOVE chalkboards. I normally just use my normal cursive handwriting and then just add some swirls and thicken some of the lines. This time, though, I wanted to venture a little more out of my comfort zone. I sketched it out on paper first and then lightly wrote with chalk on the chalkboard first and then once I got it how I wanted it I went over it with a chalk pen. I did this a few weeks ago when little Lola was sick and so did more than half of it with her snuggled up on my lap so there are quite a few spots where I don't like how my hand "flowed" for the swirls but it's hard to properly swirl when you are trying to not wake a baby. =)  Of course, it wasn't until I was almost done that I was singing the song version of this verse and noticed I wrote "Almighty" instead of "Mighty" - ahhhhh! I wanted to cry! This took considerably longer than my normal chalkboards and I just couldn't bring myself to start over! So, sorry about the wrong word. All in all, it was fun and I think I am going to try my hand at another one like this again soon.


You can see some of the original chalk marks I wrote and some smudging from the tons of writing and erasing and writing and erasing that I did. =)





I shared a couple of shots of our family room during the Christmas Tour last Monday but here are the rest of them:





 


I added some greenery to the girls toy basket in the corner too, but that lasted about 24 hours. =)

Also, we are happy to say that we have restocked our Briar Hats in Ivory!

I hope you all have a lovely week! I'll be back next with a tutorial. All the photos are edited and ready to go I just need to write it up! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top