Now that it's September we've started adding some autumn touches around the house. Despite a lot of hunting for them we haven't come across any real pumpkins yet and it's still quite hot here so I'm hoping that by adding a few darker cozy touches to this room will help make it feel like fall is on the horizon. This room has a warm feeling to begin with so we pretty much just changed out the pillows and added a few simple fall accessories. 


One of the trees in our yard has leaves that are starting to turn a bit. In just a few more weeks the leaves on this tree will be a brilliant color. Or at least I am hoping they will be. Last year they were quite pretty!

I moved the beautiful cow painting from my grandfather into our master bedroom above our dresser for now and brought this mirror back in here for fall and Christmas. And I put one of our chalkboard canvases in the hallway where this mirror was. Then I will swap everything back again in January. I know that probably sounds a little bit crazy but it actually took less than five minutes to do the switch and I like how it looks this way a little bit better for fall. Although I have to say during the rest of the year I love the color the painting adds to this room.












Don't forget we are giving away two of these cable knit pillows, one stag pillow and a beautiful wreath in this post here.

Wall Color - Soft Chamois by Benjamin Moore
Sofa - by Lee Industries (was purchased for 1/3 the retail price 7 years ago)
Slipcovered Wingback Chairs - Savvy in Williamsburg about 5 years ago during a half off sale
Trunk - Found at an antique shop in Ashville, NC about 9 years ago
Small Gold Mirror - house warming gift from years ago
Large Gold Mirror - Pottery Barn about 7 years ago
Mirror above Fireplace - family antique
Rug - Remnant from Lowe's
Demilune Side Table - also a gift from about 7 years ago, was from an antique shop in Camden, SC
Dresser - Consignment shop 7 years ago painted in Ballet White
Side Chair - Antique Shop in Columbia, SC about 6 years ago recovered
Lamps - Home Goods
Drapery Panels - Ritva Panels from IKEA
Curtain Rods - Lowe's
Zebra Pillows - I made them from fabric that was given to me about 7 years ago
Faux Cowhide Pillows and brown lumbar pillows in front of them - World Market
Antlers on the mantel - World Market
Wheat on mantel - I bundled it together from some wheat stalks I found at Hobby Lobby about 7 or 8 years ago
White Pumpkins - Savvy
Small Painting on side table - Gift 7 or 8 years ago
Cable Knit Pillows - Birch Lane
Stag Pillow - Birch Lane
Crackled Planter on trunk - Birch Lane
Live Starts Over Again When it Gets Crisp in the Fall Chalkboard Canvas - Dear Lillie 

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top