We've been busy working away on two bedrooms upstairs but neither of them are ready to photograph yet. Our guest room is completely painted and the furniture all in place I am just waiting on the new light fixture to arrive (it's supposed to be here today - yay!) and I need to add a few more accessories. Our master bedroom is midway through being painted right now so it's a total disaster. I finished up painting the trim yesterday but still need one more coat on the windows and then I will attack the doors (there are SIX doors - ugh!) and then walls.  I thought I would share some photos of what some of the other rooms look like now with all the Christmas decorations put away. It always feel a little bare in January but I don't mind it too much because it feels so much more clean and less cluttered after all the craziness of the holidays.  Anyway, I haven't finished going through the pictures I took of the kitchen, family room or other guest room yet but here is our den:


Everything in here is pretty much the same. I just added a couple of Target pillows and pulled our Love is Patient Pillow Set back out. I added some dried hydrangeas from the fall to the chest behind the sofa and put our two amaryllis plants on the mantel. I generally use paperwhites and amaryllis for Christmas and then leave them out for another month or two afterwards to help brighten up the rather dreary months of January and February.




One project that I still haven't gotten to is to either age or paint the pots. Eventually...




I still haven't hung that gold mirror because I plan on putting a piece of artwork either there or above the mantel (there are too many mirrors in this room) but until I figure out exactly what I am going to do I like at least having the mirror there instead of the wall being completely blank. 





I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
P.S. I still haven't done a source list for this room like I have all the other ones so far but I will try to get to that soon!

P.P.S. Update: Here is a source list for this room:

Wall Color - Soft Chamois by Benjamin Moore
Sofa - by Lee Industries (was purchased for 1/3 the retail price 7 years ago)
Slipcovered Wingback Chairs - Savvy in Williamsburg about 5 years ago
Trunk - Found at an antique shop in Ashville, NC about 9 years ago
Small Gold Mirror - house warming gift from years ago
Large Gold Mirror - Pottery Barn about 7 years ago
Rug - Remnant from Lowe's
Demilune Side Table - also a gift from about 7 years ago, was from an antique shop in Camden, SC
Dresser - Consignment shop 7 years ago painted in Ballet White
Side Chair - Antique Shop in Columbia, SC about 6 years ago recovered
Lamps - Home Goods
Zebra Pillows - I made them from fabric that was given to me about 7 years ago
Cream and Tan pillows - Target
Love Is Pillows - Dear Lillie (in white ink here and in black ink here)
Mirror above Fireplace - family antique
Drapery Panels - Ritva Panels from IKEA
Curtain Rods - Lowe's
Candlesticks - Hobby Lobby years ago
Bowl holding apples - wedding gift 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top