Whew! It's been another busy week. I can't believe it's already August. On Monday the girls and I started our drive home from New Hampshire. We drove to New York to spend time with Dana in the "big city" as Lillie and Lola called it. We had lots of fun taking them places like the American Girl Store, Rockefeller Center and Central Park and then spent the night and following morning with Dana and then continued on our way back home and finally got back late Tuesday.  On Wednesday we got right back to work on the million and one projects we have to do at our new house. Our hood was installed so we painted it, we changed out some light fixtures and painted the den and then our new stove arrived yesterday afternoon - that turned out to be quite the project! It didn't quite fit so I ended up having to cut through the Corian which was not an easy task. We finally got it in last night around eight and made some brownies to make sure it worked. =) I've got a few more things to do in the kitchen and den and then I should be able to get them photographed to share on here. I am hoping to get started on Lillie and Lola's room either tomorrow or Saturday.  Between our house and Jason's house I am getting pretty sick of painting. I have to say though, it's so much fun seeing how it can transform a room so it does make it worth it! And because of that I will keep plugging away...

Although I haven't taken any new photos of our house yet I do have lots of things to share from our trip to New Hampshire. Last week I showed you my parent's guest bedroom and now today I am going to show you their dining room.

Just like the guest bedroom my mom did pretty much everything in here herself. The wall color is Revere Pewter which they used throughout the open area of their home (the kitchen, breakfast nook, family room, dining room and the hallway). It looks gorgeous! My parents recently switched out their dining room set for this one that was my grandfather's (my mom's dad who passed away last fall).  Along with having more room for all of us when we visit it is a nice sentimental reminder of my Gramp to see every day.

The chandelier is from Pottery Barn, draperies are from IKEA and my mom made the placemats.

The clock, scale and mirror are antique shop finds.




This sampler has been in our family for generations and was done by one of our ancestors.


I've always loved these sketches of the town my mom's family has lived in for centuries.



I also thought I would let you know that we have started listing our seasonal cutouts. We now have the Ivory Maple Leaf Silhouettes available.We had fun the last two years filling them out with things we were thankful for and making a Thankful Tree.

 



And I also wanted to introduce our newest sponsor:


 Nationally renowned interior designer, Jamie Herzlinger, revolutionizes the purchase of luxury furnishings from any "to the trade" manufacturer, with her online buying service JAMIESHOP.COM
All the furnishings, wallpaper, lighting, fabrics, rugs and home accessories seen in magazines, such as Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, Traditional Home and House Beautiful, are now available for purchase at up to 50% off retail.

Here are a few of the rooms Jamie has designed. Aren't they gorgeous? 


 I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top