If you're wondering why you haven't heard much from me lately, the answer, as you may have already guessed, has something to do with Jenni's unwillingness to share the creative spotlight. After routinely nixing my numerous project and tutorial suggestions and then posting them as her own, there comes a point when it just gets old. Yarn trees? Chalkboards? Tufted Ottomans? ...All my brainchildren.

Okay, honestly, I had to check our sidebar and scan recent posts to come up with those three topics (seriously, what the heck is a tufted ottoman?), but still I'm sure there have been plenty of other occasions where I had a promising blog-related thought stolen by our pseudo-leader. Where I finally had to draw the line in the proverbial sand of her authority, of course, was with my now-annual Christmas card picture. I would not be letting her shoot down another fantastic idea.

After our family's 2007 Christmas card was deemed inappropriate by a fraction of the people who received it (Jenni still won't give me permission to post it here...), our mother decided to put the awkward photo fest on the shelf. Given that Jenni seems to lack any semblance of a sense of humor, I knew her cards wouldn't pull their own weight in the comedy department. That's why last year I decided to revive an old family tradition with this card. However, what soon surprised me was how few people realized that Lola was photoshopped in. At the time she couldn't even sit on the ground, let alone a metal beam.

That got me thinking that this year's photo should capture a more true-to-life moment in the world of Dear Lillie. I wanted something that not only featured all of our real decision makers, but also depicted a typical day at the office. So without further ado, Merry Christmas from the Dear Lillie team...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top