Sorry  - I have been a bit behind on blogging! We have been busy painting though and should have some new things to show you soon. We are almost done painting the upstairs hallway (the walls and trim are done, I'm just finishing up the doors) and have finished up with the doors and trim in the first guest bedroom and I'm hoping to paint the walls in there tonight. I also found a sideboard yesterday at a consignment shop so I can't wait to add that to our dining room. And I think I may have found a hutch for in there as well, although I haven't decided on that for sure yet. I also need to photograph our window treatment in the kitchen above the sink that I made several weeks ago as well as several of our new Christmas products. Now that we are starting painting the upstairs I thought that we would do a little recap of the progress we've made downstairs. Except for the family room, we still have projects left in all these spaces but they at least look quite a bit more fresh and updated then when we moved in!

First, here is the kitchen. We still plan on replacing the counters and the sink and when we do that we will have the counter overhang on the peninsula so we can add some counter height stools. 


This room is the only room that I would consider pretty much done for the time being. Well, no room is ever "done" and I am sure I will switch things up in here but the big projects in here are finished for now:


This room still have quite a ways to go but I am so excited about the chandelier and the beadboard wallpaper below the chair rail. I've been hunting on Craigslist and all the local consignment shops for a while now for a sideboard and hutch and finally found a sideboard at a consignment shop yesterday! I'd love to eventually get a different table for in here and someday wallpaper the upper half of the walls but so far haven't found a paper that I love that's not ridiculously expensive.


This room we did the least in. It's hard to tell in these photos but the walls were actually a light peachy pink color so I painted them but that's all I have done for painting in here at this point. 


Here is part of the entryway hall. Once the dated wallpaper came down I painted and painted and painted in here all the way around the corner and up the stairs:

I just need to replace the light fixture and add artwork/photos going up the stairs. I still haven't decided on whether or not I will be painting the railing.

I still need to add artwork in here but it feel so much cleaner in here now! 

And here is the one room upstairs that we've done. I wanted the girls to feel at home as soon as we moved in so this was one of the first spaces we worked on (after the kitchen). 

***For paint colors and source lists click on the "Our Home" tab on the top of the page. ***


I am so excited to get to work on the other bedrooms upstairs and the bathrooms! I'd better get back to my paintbrush...

Also, as a thank you to all of you for helping us hit the 20,000 likes mark on Facebook last week we are having a one day sale for 20% off of everything in stock excluding downloads for today only!!!!  Sale ends tonight at midnight EST and the sale only applies to items purchased today - it cannot be used on prior or future purchases. Just use the code "DLFB20" (don't forgot to select "update cart" after enter code to apply the discount).

***Discount is only good for purchases made on Monday November 4th, and cannot be applied to future or past purchases***


Have a happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top