I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I had hoped to do a post with the ruffled lampshade tutorial today but didn't get to take the finished shots. I did take step by step photos yesterday while I made one for Lillie's room. I didn't get to it until after dinner, though, and when I went up to put it in her room there was practically no natural light left to take photos of it in her room. She only has one small window in there, so it's hard enough trying to get decent shots even during the brightest time of day so I didn't even bother attempting them last night. Hopefully I will get to it this afternoon and will do a post either tomorrow or Wednesday with the step-by-step instructions.  Anyway, because I was planning on doing that for today's post I didn't have anything else as a back-up so I will just post my last set of photos from the COTM feature that I haven't put here on the blog before.

This is our guest bathroom. It is really tiny so it's quite difficult to get any real shots of the room. That's why they are all so close up. The walls are the same color that our guest bedroom was - Pebble Beach, by Benjamin Moore. I think the wall color looks a little darker in these photos than it does in real life. There isn't any natural light at all in this bathroom =( so it's impossible to get a decent shot in here. I painted the cabinets Ballet White (same as our kitchen cabinets and master bathroom cabinets and quite a few of our painted furniture pieces - I LOVE that color!) 

 





This was taken with my old camera so the colors are even more off but it is the only shot I have showing the shower area. 

I also wanted to let anyone that has asked about them know we have another batch of Je T'aime Pillows now available in our shop!



And here are some photos of Miss Lillie down in Colonial Williamsburg wearing our new Fairyland Silhouette Sweatshirt.  Both Saturday and Sunday the weather was absolutely gorgeous and we had our first "normal" weekend since probably September or October! I wasn't feeling all that well, but just being able to be outdoors was so nice. We spent over four hours down there yesterday. We had so much fun kicking Lillie's soccer ball around out on the lawn in front of the Governor's Palace (or "Felicity's Palace" as we like to call it), feeding the horses, ducks and turtles, listening to live music, and of course getting some ice cream! She is such an outdoorsy little girl. I think she would be happiest living on a farm, which is about as opposite from Jon and I as could be.  In fact, one of my favorite parts of the day today was watching her laugh hysterically and say "Daddy's scared of the horsies" as Jon was backing away from them! (In his defense, they were slobbering everywhere after finishing off the apples we had brought for them and it was pretty gross...well, at least to us anyway - Lillie LOVED it!)





Here is the backside of one of the houses down there. Once the leaves start budding on the trees and the flowers start coming up I will probably bore you all to tears with endless photos from our daily (and often twice-daily) trips down there. All of the historic homes and gardens are just so beautiful! I didn't really take any of the scenery down there this weekend because the trees are all still bare and it was a bit muddy as you can sort of see in this photo.

Here are two pictures I took of Lillie down there last year about this same time. I can't believe how much she has grown!


 And now for the winner of our Rêve Pillow Cover!

Congratulations to Marian!!!!
Please contact us at dearlillie@hotmail.com 
within the next 48 hours with your address so we can ship it on out to you!
(If we don't hear from you by Wednesday night we will draw a new winner.)
 

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous week. I will be back either tomorrow or Wednesday with the lampshade tutorial and we will be hosting another giveway soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top