No, I didn't have our baby yet, although I do think she will be arriving soon. 
This is a photo of Lillie when she was about two weeks old. This is a wordy post and I wanted to have at least one photo and I have been having a lot of fun looking through Lillie's baby pictures so I thought I would include one of her. I didn't have a good camera then (well actually I did, it just wasn't digital so I never used it) so most of my baby photos of Lillie aren't very good quality. 

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to have a little guessing game on here. We did this with our immediate family a few weeks before Lillie was born and as we are all terribly competitive it was a lot of fun. I actually can't remember who won, though. Jamie, maybe? I am sure whoever it was will be sure to remind me as soon as this post goes up.

If you want to enter just make a guess as to when you think she will arrive and how much she will weigh and leave it in the comments section at the bottom of this post.  

Whoever is closest will get their choice of screenprinted item. If a male wins I will come up with another prize. I know Jason doesn't exactly want to win a Fairyland Tank or a Je T'aime Pillow. And yes, family can enter this contest seeing how noone, including myself has any idea when she actually will arrive and how much she will weigh.

To level the playing field I will give you all of the basic information:

1).  My actual due date is May 2nd.

2).  Lillie was born two weeks early but that isn't really something we can necessarily base our guesses on because she arrived thanks to a car accident where we hit a deer going about 70 miles an hour on the highway.  My dad promptly nicknamed her Deer Lillie and when we opened our shop a few months after she was born we decided to change the spelling to Dear Lillie so people wouldn't think we couldn't spell. (Although if you read most of my blog posts you probably already think that - haha! I am always writing them as fast as possible either during naptime or in the wee hours of the morning and when I reread them the next day am often appalled at all of my typos).

3) Lillie weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces.

Also, we are still struggling with a name! We thought we had it figured out for a few days but are starting to change our minds again so if anyone has any great name ideas please feel free to add them in your comment. We would prefer something old-fashioned, like Lillian do not want it to be as common as Lillian.  I am also open to whimsical names as well (although Jon is not as big a fan) =). Basically the main criteria for what we are looking for is that it is not a popular name and that it goes nicely with Lillian. We do have a top three we are considering right now but aren't sure if we will go with one of them or not.

On another note, I really want to thank you all for making Monday such an exciting day for us! 

I had hoped to sell somewhere between 20 and 40 items but wasn't really sure that we would hit that number. Well, by the middle of the afternoon we had already sold over 100 items and had gotten over 400 new e-mails! It was terribly exciting but also really stressful, especially with Lillie being sick. Thank goodness my mom was here or I think I may have had a meltdown.  Needless to say I ended up closing up our shop earlier than planned because I wasn't sure if we would be able to handle processing any more orders than that. I wanted to thank you all so much and to say sorry to those of you that came on to purchase something Monday evening only to find our shop already closed. Also, if you sent us an e-mail or convo I will try to get back to you, but to be honest I am not sure I will be able to get back to everyone. I am going to do my best but it may take quite a while.

If you did order something here is the update: all of the screenprinted items have been packaged (thanks to two really late nights and my mom helping me sew in the labels and my wonderful helper, Alex, helping package up orders). A bunch of them have already shipped out and my goal is to have all of the screenprinted items shipped by tomorrow. If you ordered a screenprinted item and have not received an e-mail with a tracking number by tomorrow please feel free to contact us. Seeing how my mom was down here helping me and my sister, Dana, will be out of town this weekend the tutus and knit hats have a different timeline.

Also, as we knew we were closing up until August I didn't bother to order more hang tags (the printed tags that are pinned onto the sewn-in labels on each item). I had about 50-60 and figured that would more than cover Monday's sales. Obviously it didn't, so the first 50 or 60 orders have them but the remaining orders do not. Just thought I would let you all know in case you are wondering where your hang tag is. I figured you all would probably rather have your order shipped out as soon as possible instead of waiting another week to two weeks for me to get more hang tags in. They will still be packaged the same as always with the Dear Lillie sewn-in label, tissue paper, Dear Lillie sticker, ribbon and card, they will just be missing the hang tag on some of them.

Also, if you noticed a change in handwriting on the cards that is because Alex has been helping me the past few weeks with some them and with this batch of orders I wrote some, my mom wrote some and Alex wrote some.

So again, I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you! 
You all are the most wonderful customers and we truly appreciate it!

And now for the two winners of our last giveaway. 


 Congratulations to Martina for winning the two silhouette pillows!



And congratulations to Kim of Savvy Southern Style for winning the photo editing prize!

And don't forget if you want to enter this next contest 
just leave a comment with the your guess for 
THE BABY'S BIRTHDAY AND WEIGHT!
You don't have to have a blog to enter, either. If you aren't a blogger, just enter a comment and then where it says "comment as" scroll down near the bottom and click on anonymous. However, if you do that, make sure to leave your e-mail address or if you are family some identifying information so we can confirm that you are the winner. If we draw the name of someone who doesn't leave any identifying information we will simply draw a new name.

If there are multiple winners as long as there aren't too many of them I will give a prize to each person. If there are quite a few winners then I will just give it to the first three.

As soon as I get all of these packages out I plan on starting on e-mails, finishing up some Easter projects, and doing a tutorial on the hanging branch that I am going to add to the nursery so hopefully I will have some of those posts ready to go in the next few days!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks again for being such amazing customers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top