Whew! We've got quite a few projects going on right now - our upstairs hall bathroom is getting quite close to being done (well, not done but updated quite a bit!) and I've been priming and painting the trim in the little back hallway, the laundry room, the upstairs bathrooms. My goal is to have all of the trimwork in the house painted by the end of next week. I am not sure if that is a reasonable goal though. I will still have lots of touching up to do throughout the house and the playroom and master bathroom walls in a few weeks and then I will be able to take a nice little painting break and get to work on some actual projects for each room! And then eventually I do need to tackle painting inside all of the closets but I can't think about that right now without going a little crazy - haha!

In the meantime, I've shared a couple of cell phone shots on Instagram and Facebook, but I hadn't taken any "real camera" photos of the updates we've made to our dining room until a couple of days ago. We haven't made any major changes since I last shared images of this room at Christmas, but we have done a few little things. First, when I was working on one of the bedrooms upstairs I needed some white drapery panels. I had bought these gray ones but they just didn't look quite right. I ran downstairs and stole the white ones from the dining room. Once I did that, though, I had some empty rods hanging here so I thought it couldn't hurt to try the gray ones down here. Even though I don't necessarily think it works perfectly with the wall color (I think the curtains, walls, bench and sideboard are all a bit too similar) I think they worked well enough to keep. I've been on the hunt for the perfect wallpaper for in here since we first moved in and still haven't found it yet, but once I do and once I add some more touches to the sideboard that will add some interest so things won't all blend together as much as they do right now.

After adding the draperies I moved the table back to the original way it was and then added this bench underneath the clock. And then I added some hydrangeas and that was about it.


 



Here's a little reminder of what it looked like when we moved in. This room was one of the few rooms that really didn't need a whole lot of updating - just paint and changing out the chandelier!


I love the soft glow from the chandelier:

Along with adding wallpaper I am also on the hunt for a hutch for this poor lonely wall.
And I have a few other ideas for this room too, but for now it's nice seeing it come together a bit more even if it is still a ways off from being complete.

Source List:

Wall Color - Gray Owl at 75% in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Chandelier - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Dinnerware - Mikasa, French Countryside Collection
Chargers - Pottery Barn (seven years ago)
Placemats - Target (probably nine years or so ago)
Slipcovered Chairs - IKEA
Side Chairs - Joss and Main
Farmhouse Table - We made it - more details here
Clock - Joss and Main
Mirror - Restoration Hardware (six years ago but I think they still sell it)
Drapery Panels - IKEA Aina Panels in gray
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Sideboard - The Velvet Shoestring (consignment shop - then painted with Annie Sloan's French Linen chalk paint from Lady Butterbug)
Lamps - Home Goods
Runner - World Market
Tufted Bench - Home Goods
Dough Bowl - wedding gift
(We get asked quite a bit about the hydrangeas - yes, they are real. They were from the Farmer's Market and dried beautifully) 

Have a blessed week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top