I am so excited to share with you today about Soft Surroundings. I first heard of them last spring and quickly became entranced by their website and all of the beautiful items they carried. The second I saw this three-ring chest I fell in love with it and knew it would be the perfect piece to design our master bedroom around. I originally was planning on going with a charcoal gray in here but I ended up doing that in one of the guest rooms and used this gorgeous dresser as my starting off point for our master bedroom. I love that even though I would consider it a traditional piece, the rings add an updated twist. And the color is perfect.  I was so excited when it arrived and it is especially nice to have one wall in our bedroom almost finished! I used items we already had around the house to display on the chest except for the tray - that was a fun clearance find. We are still working on the rest of the room. Since I took these photos we have added a rug (the rug from the family room in our last house - it's not a perfect fit, but the colors coordinate nicely in here) and some bedding. We are still waiting on our bed to arrive though. Our mattresses are currently on the floor which the girls think is great fun but I have to admit I am looking forward to having an actual bed again. And then once that comes I can figure out nightstands and something for the end of the bed. And then there's the light fixture and artwork and all sorts of other details to add. But for now here is what we have done and you can get a feel for the colors and overall feel of the room. (And I will have a source list at the bottom of this post).

This is what the wall looked like when we bought the house this past summer. Fortunately this room didn't have any wallpaper to deal with like two of the other bedrooms and bathrooms and the hallways and staircase had. It was pretty much a blank canvas.

And here is that wall now:


We moved a rug in here a day or two after I took these photos and that really helps warm the room up.





I absolutely love the gold trim and all of the detail work!






As I mentioned above, I am a huge fan of Soft Surroundings and their whole furniture line. It's based off of French Antiques. They have more than just furniture though, they have so many gorgeous home decor pieces from lamps and bedding to pillows including this Madison Pillow:

http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Madison_Pillow/


And here are some of my other favorite pieces:

Their Villette Mirror which I love:
http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Villette_Mirror/

and their Helena Chair:
http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Helena_Chair_I/

http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Slipcovered_Tristan_Chair/

http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Le_Bien-Aime_Console/

This beautiful Bruges Secretary:
http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Bruges_Secretary/

Disclosure: I have partnered with Soft Surroundings by trading store credit towards the three ring chest in exchange for advertising on my blog. We were so pleased with the whole experience and highly recommend them! Not only is the quality of my chest amazing their customer service is fabulous as well. It was an absolute pleasure to work with them!

Wall Color - Moonshine in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White in Semi-gloss Finish
Three Ring Chest - Soft Surroundings
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Roman Shades - Lowe's (they are now discontinued which is dissapointing because I had hoped to gradually add them to all of our window)
Lamp - the base was from Hobby Lobby I think about 7 years ago and the shade is from Target
Mirror - HomeGoods (It actually is the mirror from our powder room downstairs. I borrowed it for these photos but really like how it looks there so may keep it there and look for something else for the powder room. I haven't decided yet).
Tray - HomeGoods
Candle - Target 
Pitcher/Vase - IKEA
Picture Frame - a gift about 6 or 7 years ago
Painting - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA about five years ago
Chair - was my great uncles and got passed down to my parents and then down to us about six or seven years ago
Pillow - Target

I hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week and a great weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top