Although we still have more to do in this room (eventually wallpaper above the chair rail, a hutch, a non-made-by-me table, etc.) now that we've made a decent amount of progress in here I thought it would be fun to set the table. First I brought our bench in from the kitchen. We actually used it with this table in our last house and now that we've recovered it, I thought the stripes would add a little bit of interest in here. Then I added a runner from Target. It wasn't really long enough but I had trouble finding what I was looking for and I liked the color of this one. The three votive holders were from Target as well and I added some fresh cut boxwood from our yard and sprinkled some ornaments along the runner.


 


 At each place I used our beautiful place settings that Mikasa sent us. It's called the French Countryside Collection.  I love the simple elegant look of this collection. It goes perfectly both in our kitchen and dining room and mixes and matches nicely with the other dishes we own. I am so excited about it and would definitely recommend it! My mom actually has this exact set of dishes that she uses in her home. I also used the beautiful flatware and glasses they sent as well. The flatware is the "Avalene" pattern. It has a fun pattern to it that still has a very classic feel. There is a lattice motif at the bottom and a band of beading at the top. And I really like the stemless wine glasses. I've never had any before and I love their design. Thank you so much, Mikasa!

 



 

 

 






You can see a full source list for our dining room here or here. I hope you all are having a great week. I still have lots to do to get ready for Christmas - ahhhh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top