Next week I plan on showing you the progress we've made in our dining room that includes our new chandelier and our beadboard wallpaper. I am really excited with how the dining room is coming together. I've also made a good bit of progress in the entryway but I am not as thrilled with how that's coming together. I still have to add the final coat of paint to both the trim and the walls and then do some accessorizing and also hopefully change out the light fixture. Then once that is done it's on to the powder room and then I will start making my way upstairs! Seeing how I won't have the dining room ready to share on here until next week, I thought I would at least share a quick post with some of the autumn touches we've added in our kitchen/family room.

With an entire house to update I'd rather be putting money towards more permanent changes (light fixtures, rugs, furniture, wallpaper, etc.) so I didn't want to spend much on adding some fall touches to the house. I stuck with three Cinderella pumpkins from Lowe's that were $6 each and then just went out and cut some branches from one of the Japanese Maples in our yard. Even though the leaves haven't really changed color yet they still help add an "autumny" feel and they were free! And the white pumpkins are all faux ones that I have had for about five years.

I ordered these new chairs from Joss and Main using a bunch of store credit I had earned there which was nice! I purchased them for the dining room but used them in here for about two weeks until I got a little more done in the dining room and then I just finally moved them into the dining room a couple of days ago. I liked how they looked in here but I like them even better in the dining room! I'll write a little more about them when I do my dining room post next week.


Many of you asked about the microwave and toaster in our kitchen post. We actually had a little overlap where we didn't have a microwave but now that we do it is sitting to the right of the stove. Eventually we hope to find a little spot to place it in one of the lower cabinets but for now it's fine where it is. And we actually went without a toaster for over a year - haha! Ours broke at least a year ago and we never replaced it. After settling in here we finally went ahead and got one and it is tucked away to the right of the microwave. If you look closely you can probably spot it.














For a source list please click here or here.

Have a blessed weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top