Well, I finally went ahead and whitewashed the brick late one night last week. I held off doing it for the first couple of months we lived here because I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do. The longer we lived here though the more I knew I wanted to go with something lighter for the bricks. Although I actually thought the bricks themselves were pretty, I didn't love how they looked once the mantle was painted and I felt like they were kind of distracting. I was unsure though, if I wanted to paint them or whitewash them so I decided to try whitewashing them first because I could always paint them later. If I went ahead and painted them then I knew I couldn't really undo that. Anyway, I do like how it looks whitewashed better but I don't necessarily love it so I am not sure if it will stay this way or not. I am hoping it will grow on me. I definitely don't NOT like it. It's just that I don't feel as excited about it as a lot of the other painting projects we've done so far in this house. I plan on leaving it this way for now though. Maybe it will grow on me the more I stare at it. And I do like it more than before so at least that's good. =)






Sources:
Trim Color: London Fog by Benjamin Moore
Whitewash: Simply White by Benjamin Moore
Chairs: TJMaxx
Sconces: RH Baby and Child
Pewter Urn: Seasons in Williamsburg
White Pitcher: Target
Mirror: Restoration Hardware
Rocking Horse: RH Baby and Child

You can find a more detailed list here.

I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday! I'll be back tomorrow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top