Although I still have a few more projects I'd like to do in here, Lillie and Lola's room is almost finished! The two main projects I have left to do in here are upholstering their headboards to they look a little less shabby chic and I may possibly monogram them. And then making little benches for the ends of their beds. I also would like to add a little interest to their drapery panels. Other than that though I am pretty much done. It sure feels nice to have one space feel pretty completely. We are making quite a bit of progress on the downstairs but this is the only room we have touched so far upstairs.

Here are some "before" shots next to how it currently looks:


 

The girls really wanted a bright pink room. I didn't really want to paint the walls bright pink so I thought doing a wallpaper with bright pink flowers and lots of bright pink accents throughout the room would still make the room feel very bright and very pink but still be something that I would like too. I have to say I love it now as much as they do!


We sell both these prints in our shop and the beautiful shoes are from our newest sponsor, Joyfolie!



Dana gave this little piggy bank to Lillie a few years ago - maybe for her first birthday?

Lillie has an owl and Lola has a pig that they sleep with every night from their best friend's Chloe and Bayley.

On this wall we just tacked up two pieces of string and Lillie has been regularly changing out the artwork.

The chandelier was a gift from my mom and dad when I was pregnant with Lillie and doing her nursery so it made the move with us.

We spray painted this old birdcage that I got seven years ago at an antique shop and also fixed it up a little (it had been pretty neglected the last few years out on our back porch). I didn't do the best job protecting the floor in the garage so now it is dusted in a nice coat of bright pink. The girls think it's pretty but let me just say it is not! Then I used some leftover wallpaper to very quickly make this "racing flag" as Lillie calls it.







Here is the Source List:

Wall Color: Glass Slipper in a matte finish by Benjamin Moore
Trim Color: Simply White in a semi-gloss finish by Benjamin Moore
Rug: Pottery Barn Kids (during a sale this summer - I would have preferred the larger size but because of the price difference went with the smaller option)
Wallpaper: PiP Birds in Paradise in White  -  Ordered online from Decorate to Go - Was a bit of a splurge for me so that was why I only did one wall but I LOVE it!
Square and Bolster Pillows: I made using fabric and trim from Hancock Fabrics
Bedding: Pine Cone Hill - or at least I think (have had for six or seven years)
Vintage Chair and Desk: White Home Market 
Mirror: Pottery Barn (about six years ago)
Headboards: Target (about five years ago)
Large Pictures Frames: made using this tutorial here
Dresser: Craigslist
Pig and Owl: Pier 1
Shoes: Joyfolie
Drapery Panels: IKEA
Drapery Rods: Lowe's 
Piggy Bank: Target
Crown: made here
Carousel Print: can be purchased here
You are My Sunshine Print: can be purchased here


I hope you all are having a great week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top