One of the items we get asked about if it made the move and where it went is the wire candle chandelier that was above our dining room table in our last house. Well, yes, it did indeed make the move and has been sitting out on our porch in a corner for the last six months. The plan is to eventually hang it out there above the table but we are still making some decisions on the flow of things out there (we'd like to add another door so we can add a small patio off the right side of it) so until then I am holding off on hanging it. I figured it might be fun to add it in here even though it's not ideal or a good long-term spot for it. Eventually I want to hang something here above the table to replace the light we removed (it's the one place left in this room that could use a light) and even have a light fixture in mind, but I am holding off on that based on a couple other decisions we are waiting on. So, in the meantime I figured instead of this just sitting out on the porch I might as well hang it in here, even if it's just for a month or two until we get the porch figured out.


We also added some pink in the living room. The girls wanted more pink and seeing how I don't see the pink living permanently in our house besides in their room  (even though I do think it's fun to have pops of it sometimes) I just moved the pillows from the guest room down here and we moved some pillows from our study up into the guest bedroom (and I LOVE how they look in there - I took some pictures and will add those soon) and added some pillows from the attic back into the study. That's part of what I love so much about decorating with a neutral background. It is so easy to move things from room to room and change things up a bit. They love it down here but I think come February 15th I'll be moving the pink pillows up to their room. =)


Now that Trader Joe's has tulips again and they are just $1.99 I am back to having lots and lots of tulips in the house. =)

The little jar was a candle from Target but once it was finished I decided to keep it as a vase. 

The pillows are both from Target. 






My mother-in-law got me this beautiful marble board and also a matching rolling pin for my birthday. They are so pretty I am almost nervous to use them. 


 Here's a little reminder of what this room looked like when we moved in back at the end of June.



And what this side of the room looked like:


SOURCE LIST:

Fireplace, Cabinet and Trim Color: London Fog in Semi-Gloss
Wall Color: was here when we moved but very similar to Simply White in Matte
Flush Mount Drum Shade Fixture - Lowe's (Think it was called the Valencia Flush Mount)
All appliances are Whirlpool and were purchased at Lowe's during their Memorial Day Sale
Pendants - These were a hand-me-down from my mom and they worked perfectly in here
Circular Mirror - Antique Farmhouse (from my sister, Dana)
Oversized Chalkboard - made by me 
Metal Island Cart - IKEA
Three-Tiered Wire Basket - Collections at Laurel and Grove in Peterborough, NH
Metal Baskets - Joss and Main
Dishes - Emma Collection from Pottery Barn
Chocolate Cups and Saucers - L. A. Burdick (from my sister, Jamie)
Canisters - Williams-Sonoma
Pillows - Home Goods, Target, Dear Lillie, made by my mom
Table - Pier 1 years ago and has since been painted with AS Chalk Paint in French Linen
All Dining Chairs - IKEA
Sectional - IKEA
Chevron Picture Frames - tutorial here
Tufted Chairs - TJMaxx
Script Chairs - TJMaxx
Painted French Cabinet - makeover here
TV Console - Antique shop in Camden, SC
Frames above chairs - tutorial here
Sconces - RH Baby and Child
Mirror - Restoration Hardware
Rocking Horse - RH Baby and Child
Urns on Fireplace - Seasons in Williamsburg (years ago on clearance)
Lamp on side table - Joss and Main
Side Table - Pottery Barn (years ago and has since been painted)
Coffee Table - Pottery Barn (also years ago and has since be made over - you can read more here)
Rug - Rugs USA, Satara Edison Nickel Rug (I got the 7'6" by 9'6" but wish I had gone up at least one size larger!)
Runner - Home Decorator's Collection
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels
Drapery Rods - Lowe's 
Basket on Coffee Table - Savvy in Williamsburg
Tall French Cabinet - consignment shop (you can read about that makeover here
Wreath on cabinet - Savvy in Williamsburg
Pink Pillows - Target
Greenery in Urns on Mantel - Jasmine from Trader Joe's

I've got lots more pictures coming as I continue to edit all the ones I took this past week of several different rooms - inlcluding two spaces I haven't shown on here yet - our upstairs hallway and the other guest bedroom!

Have a fabulous week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top