Yesterday Jon and I celebrated our wedding anniversary! Thanks to Coach and "Mrs. Coach" Shaver (as Lillie calls her) we got to go out for a nice relaxing date. Even six years after getting married I still LOVE anything wedding related. I love wedding magazines, wedding photos, wedding blogs and loading up my wedding board on Pinterest. I made many of the decorative items for our wedding (with lots of help from my mom and sisters!) and thought today would be a fun time to show you a few of those things in honor of our annivesary.

I designed all of the printed material for our wedding and my mom and sisters helped me put everything together. It was a true labor of love as many of the items took quite some time to construct but looking back it makes each detail so special. I have several of my favorite items in a shadow box so I took those out yesterday to photograph.

Here is our invitation. It was made from cardstock and overlaid with lace and a little trim then wrapped with a satin bow. I attached the lace using a glue stick but a spray adhesive would probably work well too.

 Here is the simple RSVP card:

 And the reception insert:

The invitation was designed as a tri-fold card so you lifted the top to show this poem by Robert Sexton :

And then that opened to show the actual invitation:

Here is a menu:

 I think my favorite piece was the program which was around ten pages long and included favorite verses, quotes as well as all of the details of the wedding ceremony and wedding party.

A few of the pages:



I wanted the invitation and program to coordinate but not match.

In each invitation was this card with all sorts of details for the guests. I wanted it to look a little more elegant than just being on a piece of paper but didn't want anything too fancy either so I went with just a basic ivory cardstock folded into a card. For the front of it I drew a picture of the church we were married in. Somehow I only had one extra and it has safely resided in my shadow box for the past six years. Well, I set it out to take a photo and in the two seconds it took to pick up my camera off the sofa Lola successfully colored all over it! Lovely! =)

Inside it contained lists of hotels, places to eat, sites to see, maps and directions. The map in the middle below is not upside down I just drew the town hall where our reception was held in the direction it would be from the road but I know that looks a little confusing. And then the back just has a simple drawing of our reception site to give a coordinating look to the front.

 Here they all are together in a shadow box along with pieces of my gown of a bridesmaid dress.
  
We made quite a few other things like seating charts, name tags, dessert labels, etc. but I don't have any of those to photograph. Here is a photo of Jon and I. It's the only one I have on this computer right now. Maybe someday I'll get around to putting a few more on here.

I also wanted to let you all know our  Drummer Boy Pillow Covers in Cranberry are in stock now! We used a deeper red this year which I like much better.

Have a beautiful Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top