Happy New Year, Everyone! First, I want to say a big thank you to Kristin of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. She asked me the other day if she could feature our blog on hers and of course I jumped at the chance and was so honored. She has an absolutely beautiful blog that you all should check out if you haven't already! I spent quite some time over there the other day and fell in love with so many of her projects. She definitely has one of those blogs you can get completely lost in and spend hours looking through! You can see this one post here that wraps up some of her top projects of 2010. Her kitchen transformation is incredible! I wish I had time to write more but I am not feeling so great so am going to try to keep this post as short as possible and I still have a lot to write about. This bench is just one of her recent projects:

Normally when we go up to New Hampshire I take a ton of photos. Everything is so beautiful and picturesque up there from the quaint little towns, beautiful homes and just the landscape in general. My parents property alone has so many great places to take pictures. This time however I didn't end up with practically any photos at all! After a very stressful month, we thought it was going to be a nice relaxing Christmas week but thanks to my ending up with some pregnancy complications, a major snowstorm (that resulted in 4 canceled flights for my sister and husband) and two trips to the ER for my parents with my Uncle Bob (he's still at the hospital and not doing well, so any prayers for him would be greatly appreciated) it turned out to be a wee bit hectic!

I started feeling not so great at the Carolina game in Chapel Hill on Tuesday but brushed it aside. By Thursday evening  though it wasn't really something I could ignore anymore. After a call to my doctor I ended up more or less on bedrest for the next 4 days. I had been so excited to take pictures of Jamie and Josh's party (fortunately I did get a few of their home and the decorating we did Thursday morning but none of the actual party), Christmas Eve, Christmas Morning, Christmas Day, the beautiful snow, etc... you know- all of the fun that goes with the holidays, but needless to say photos with my feet in front of whatever I was trying to shoot aren't so pretty. Thankfully, most of the complications went away after a few days and so by Wednesday I was able to be up and moving about more so I did take some photos of that (which are posted below). Having to lay around was actually fun for the first few minutes - I got to boss everyone around (actually my siblings would probably all say that is normal!) and have people bring me cookies and cake and everything else while I just laid on the couch (now that is not so normal...well, eating cookies and cake is but laying on the couch most definitely not), but that got old after about ten minutes and then I thought I might go insane! The good thing was, though most everyone got snowbound so they were all stuck in the house with me too! My sister's flight was canceled and poor Jon had three different flights get canceled on him! He never ended up being able to head out on his recruiting trip and had to change his entire route and ended up renting a car and driving back to Williamsburg to at least get to William and Mary's game on Wednesday. Lillie and I flew back last night. Unfortunately most of my complications came back pretty strong so I was in bed all day today and it looks like I will be not doing much tomorrow either. I am praying all of the complications will subside soon and everything can return to normal. Anyway, that is why we haven't given a date for reopening our shop yet. I know a lot of you have asked but I just don't have a definitive answer just yet. We had been planning on reopening as soon as I got back to Williamsburg but obviously that has changed. My goal is to open at some point towards the middle to end of next week but it is hard to know that for sure at this point. I will keep you all updated though and as soon as I am able to be up and about again we will be reopening. I have Valentine's Day shirts and pillows that I want to have ready as soon as possible!

So, anyway, that has what has been going on here this past week! The one day that I did get to be on my feet was Wednesday which was my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday, Moosie! Here are some pictures from that day (don't worry - I didn't shovel or go sledding I just stepped outside to take a few photos):

Here is Lillie and Uncle Jason in their matching Notre Dame hats. I can't believe he will be graduating in just a few months - he is supposed to the be baby of the family! I wanted to dress Lillie up in her new furry vest and one of the new knit hats Dana gave her for Christmas, but seeing how it was FREEZING out I figured that might border on cruelty so I figured we would save that for another day. I am dying to get a picture of the deep purple one, though, so that we can list it in the shop when we reopen! 

What a helper!


 Okay, enough shoveling! 

 Time to play in the snow with Mimi!


 Moosie "Mimi" and Lillie sledding!





Lillie helping Mimi make her birthday cake. When I asked Lillie if she wanted to help me make Mimi's birthday cake she informed me "ummm.....no thanks, I bake with Mimi!" So my mom ended up making her own cake with Lillie's help. I don't think she minded, though - she was probably secretly gloating that Lillie had said she'd rather bake with her than me - haha!

 And of course licking the batter is the best part of baking!


And now for the winner of our $75 Gift Certificate:

Note: I used ramdom.org to chose the winner a little after nine and at the time there were 445 entries.

Congratulations to Amanda!

Send us an e-mail to dearlillie@hotmail.com within the next 48 hours to collect your prize!

Hopefully I will be posting again in just another day or two with pictures of our new purple knit hat,  and then after that with some non-Christmas winter decorating, some Valentine's pillows and our next big project - turning our guest room into a nursery!

I hope you all have a beautiful New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top