Whew! What a week! I am so glad it is over and am so excited about this week!!!! Today Lillie and I head off to Chapel Hill where we are hoping to meet up with some childhood friends for dinner and then off to my aunt and uncle's house where we will spend the night and the day tomorrow before heading over to UNC for the William and Mary vs. Carolina game. Jon and I both went to college there and Jon played basketball there so it will be a little weird rooting against the Tarheels but I think we will manage. We are so excited to bring Lillie to the Smith Center for the first time and show her around and let her see her Daddy's old locker and stuff. The game is on ESPNU at 7PM Eastern Time (Tuesday night) for any of you that are basketball fans that get ESPNU. If Lillie makes it on TV again this year I hope she will be clapping or cheering and not be busy sulking because I have cut off her supply of M&M's and soda for the night! Then after the game we head back here to crawl in bed for a few hours before heading up to NH! And then yay - our Christmas begins! I am so excited! 


Now, onto some decorating (and then after that the giveaway!) I finally got all of our presents wrapped early Sunday morning and then when Lillie went down for her nap after church I started working on tagging them all. I had ordered some really adorable tags from a great little Etsy shop about a month ago but they never arrived. I contacted the seller and she resent them but they still haven't gotten here so I was left scrambling. Once I put Lillie down I was kicking myself because I realized that I was out of almost all of my ribbon and out of most of my colored cardstock! Argggh! And of course because she was napping I couldn't head out to pick anything more up and Jon wasn't going to be home from practice for several more hours. So, I ended up just using what I had which certainly saved a lot of money, however, they didn't end up how I had envisioned them in my head. =(  Normally, I like to use little ornaments or other things to decorate my gifts with but this year because we were going to be shipping almost all of our gifts for our families I just did things REALLY simple. And because I only had an hour  I just used designs I had already done this year (instead of some new ones I had in my head) and printed them out four to a page on some ivory cardstock and then cut them into circles or rectangles and then cut slightly larger circles and rectangles and used double stick tape to stick them together. Then I just punched a tiny hole in the top and that was it! It took just over an hour to do about 30 or so of them so it was a really quick and easy project and the best part - it was FREE! They are definitely NOT my favorite wrapping jobs ever but at least they are done now and all on their way!


Here are just few of them!  I took pictures of the first handful that I finished and then Lillie woke up and helped me with the rest of them. 






Once I ran out of all of my ivory scrap ribbon I had to pull out some of this cheetah print - yikes! Haha - I like it for some other things but it was not exactly the look I was going for as far as wrapping Christmas gifts went, but it was all I had left! Time to stock back up on some ribbon!!!!

I printed mine straight from Illustrator but I still haven't figured out how to upload PDF Files so I had to save these as JPG's to upload into blogger. I saved them quite large though so they shouldn't be too blurry. Just click on any of the images and they will open larger in another window. I would recommend saving them and then printing them from Preview or whatever program you have that will open JPG's. I just tried doing it that way and they actually printed pretty crisply. 




To save on packing and avoiding having to bring things up to NH and then back again, we did our Christmas with Lillie last night. She was so excited to open Curious George and some toys and books but still not so keen on opening clothes!


Okay, and now onto our GIVEAWAY!!!!!

We will draw a winner for a $75 gift certificate to our shop!

So, how can you win?

All you have to do is leave a comment on this post!

You don't have to have a blog to enter, either. If you aren't a blogger, just enter a comment and then where it says "comment as" scroll down near the bottom and click on anonymous. However, if you do that, make sure to leave your e-mail address in the comment so that we can contact you if you win! If you have a blog or a profile where we can get your e-mail address then you don't need to worry about that part. If we draw the name of someone who we have no way of contacting we will simply draw a new name.
You can comment each day if you would like to up your chances!


For an extra entry become a follower of our blog!

Just write "follower" as your comment so it counts as an entry.

We will draw the winner on January 1st and the winner can use their gift certificate once we reopen our shop after the holidays.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top