There is this sort of extra little room at my brother, Jason's house that we decided would work as kind of a little home office for him (our real Dear Lillie office that he works from every day is literally just out the side door but we figured it would be nice to have a little spot right in the house too). First, we got rid of the shelves they had on the wall that didn't really work for us and then painted the walls Kendall Charcoal. Jon and I had that color in our master bedroom in our townhouse and I also loved how it looked. We painted his childhood desk and added the Joss and Main clock above it. We had tried it on the dining room but didn't love it there and like it so much better in here.

On another wall we added these industrial looking shelves. I found a tutorial for them here on this blog. I love how they turned out but this is an older house with old walls and I am not entirely sure how well they are going to hold up and we may have to switch this up. Time will tell...

 


Here's a before shot from that same angle:

Yes, that is the tiniest closet ever! =) 


We love this little caddy we found at HomeGoods. 




We are still waiting on the new coffee table to arrive but here's a little peek at some faux books we found at HomeGoods that are a fun little place to store remotes...well, I thought it was fun. Jason find it quite as funny when I forgot to tell him where I put them and he was looking everywhere and couldn't find the remotes. Haha! Whoops!

I am also excited to be part of the first ever HomeGoods Pinterest Party today!
http://www.pinterest.com/homegoods/homegoods-pin-party-87/ 
Here's one of the images I am sharing with these adorable little ginger ales I found at HomeGoods last week!


That's it for today! I am hoping to get the office finished up really soon and then I will do a full post on that with more before and afters as well more info and a detailed source list. We just added a rug in there and have a little daybed on one side of the room that we are added some finishing touches to and then it should be finished.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top