I am a bit late on this one. I know I said I would announce the winner on Wednesday and somehow it is past midnight so technically it is Thursday but I am just now getting on my computer. Sorry about that! It has been a very long week so far and I am behind on just about everything. I have so many posts I want to do: Lillie's Room, Fall Decorating, Screenprinted Shirts, etc. but there never seems to be enough time in the day to get to them. I generally only work when Lillie is napping or in bed for the night but this week she hasn't wanted to nap or sleep due to a pretty bad head cold so that has made it rather difficult to get anything done. At first I thought it was just her teeth bothering her, but then yesterday she woke up with her nose dripping like a faucet and a fever which climbed pretty high by the end of the day. Then I woke up this morning with my throat on fire and my head killing me and realized no wonder the poor thing hadn't been sleeping all week! So, with that on top of this awful morning sickness and with Jon back out on the road recruiting it has been a rather long week and I am terribly behind on everything. Fortunately I gave Lillie a nice dose of medicine and she is finally sleeping soundly so I am going to try to get a little bit of work done and then crawl in bed earlier than usual. I deactivated all of the rosette shirts and dresses on our Etsy site but as soon as I am feeling better will put them back up. If you have placed an order already, don't worry! I am still on track to have everything mailed out on schedule, I just don't want to take on any new orders until I am feeling better. Plus I am getting my last batch of screenprinted items back tomorrow and want to get them photographed and edited so that I can list them on Saturday (or maybe even Friday).

Last week Lillie and I had lots of fun scavenging through all of the antique shops and consignment stores looking for a big girl bed for her. I have a bunch of beds I am in LOVE with, but of course, they are all around $1000 and I am looking for something around $100 (or even less if I can find something cheaper!) At first we didn't have much luck. We found lots of cool things, but not what we were looking for so we kept leaving empty handed. In one of the antique shops we found an adorable black baby carriage. I got so excited when I saw it thinking Lillie would love to play with  it and what a fun prop it would be for me =). Then I saw the price tag. I think it was like $238 or something - yikes! I quickly dragged her away from it before she did any damage to it. Haha. A few days later we were in another antique shop and I found a similar one and it was $30! To be honest, I might have thought that was a bit steep a few days earlier but after seeing the price on the first one, this one seemed like a steal! Lillie pushed it around the store the whole time we were there and I couldn't resist getting it even though I had been given strict instructions to not buy anything but a bed - whoops! Fortunately at the end of last week we stopped in the last store I could think of that might have a bed for Lillie. It is a little consignment shop called Chikadees and in the back clearance room there was a darling full size bed! We dragged Jon back in on Sunday to check it out and even though it needs a good bit of work I think we are going to head back there on Friday when Jon gets back in town and pick it up! I am so excited!

Anyway, I hope to have pictures of that this weekend or at least by the beginning of next week, and maybe I will have time to do the screenprinting pictures tomorrow and the fall stuff this weekend. In the meantime here are some photos of Lillie in her ivory knit hat that we will have for sale on Friday in our Etsy shop. It will be available in both a child's size and and adult's size. I love this one so much that I am going to have Dana make me one to match! I showed you all pictures of the navy hat in the last post and am hoping to take some pictures of the gray one soon.

This little photo shoot did not go as planned. I didn't get any pictures that I was happy with. I wanted to take pictures of this hat and her two new "Mimi" skirts paired with an adorable cream sweater that has a little ruffle around the waist and sleeves but it was about 95 degrees out when we took these so I felt like it was bad enough making her wear the hat and it would be down-right cruel to put the sweater on her. I also had such high hopes of getting great shots of Lillie pushing the carriage through Colonial Williamsburg but instead most of the pictures were of Lillie's bum-bum seeing how she spent most of the time bent over feeding the "fishies" and turtles and trying to climb in the pond. Her poor doll made it into the pond twice - fortunately we discovered she floats! Anyway, here are the ones that at least aren't of her bottom:














And now, for the winner of the Mini-GiveAway: MommyBug!

Please e-mail us with your address and which design and size you want! Our e-mail address is dearlillie@hotmail.com.

Also, don't forget when you enter our giveaways if you have a blocked blogger profile or do not list your e-mail address on your blogger profile you need to include your e-mail address so we can contact you. The first number that Random.org drew for us was for someone who had a blocked profile and didn't leave their e-mail address so I just redrew.

Also, if you are looking to enter another Dear Lillie Giveaway
head on over to The Penny Candy Blog
where Jamie is giving away this clutch!!!!!!
Well, I think I hear my poor little muffin-cakes so I had best be going!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top