For the past several months now I have been wanting to do something with Lillie's room to make it a little more of a "big girl" room instead of a nursery. I have been torn over what to do because she has so many things in her room that were handmade either by myself or my mom or sisters and I didn't want to have to put them away. She is turning into such a little girl now, though and her baby looking room doesn't fit her very fiesty personality. While I was home in NH this summer I saw these two pictures in RH Baby and Child and fell in love! The second I saw them I knew I wanted to use them as the inspiration for redoing Lillie's room. For basically just the cost of a can of paint I think I can transform her room to look more like this first photo! I am going to paint her walls gray. I think I am going to use the same color that I used in our master bathroom, or maybe one shade lighter. And then, with just a few little gray touches throughout the room, that will be all I need to do for now. Then hopefully, in a few more months, when we make the transition from her crib to a bed I will add in some gray bedding and it will be perfect! To be honest, I am itching to paint her room now, but Jon doesn't exactly see it as being very high on our to-do list! I may have to wait until either my parents or Jamie and Dutch's next trip down here to get it done. Normally I would just work on a painting job while she slept, but seeing how it is her room that is rather hard to do. And as much as I love her, it isn't really a project that would be very wise to do with her being my little helper.

I absolutely LOVE this room!

I don't love this one quite as much, but I do love some of the accessories!


Please ignore the absolutely HORRENDOUS quality of this photo (it was taken with an old point and shoot camera and it is so yucky I am not even going to attempt to edit it) - but you can see what her room looks like now. Although I loved it when we first did it, I am starting to get sick of the pale pink walls now and cannot wait to get them painted gray.

As soon as we get it done I will post some photos!

Also, to anyone who has sent us a convo on Etsy. I have been trying to write back for quite some time now but Etsy's convo feature is turned off right now while they are fixing something so it isn't allowing me to get on to write anyone back. Unless it comes back on soon, I will just write back to everyone tomorrow after church.

I hope you all have a most blessed Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top